ESI (EPIDURAL STEROID INJECTION)
ESI is a minimally invasive procedure which may help relieve neck, arm, back, and leg pain caused by inflamed spinal nerves. Advanced Pain Management & Rehab offers Board Certified Pain Management Physicians who will guide you through your individualized treatment program. Our goal is to help you get your life back.
Individuals who may be diagnosed with the following conditions would be candidates for ESI:
- Spinal stenosis: A narrowing of the spinal canal and nerve root canal can cause back and leg pain, especially when walking.
- Spondylolysis: A weakness or fracture between the upper and lower facets of a vertebra. If the vertebra slips forward (spondylolisthesis), it can compress the nerve roots causing pain.
- Herniated disc: The gel-like material within the disc can bulge or rupture through a weak area in the surrounding wall (annulus). Irritation, pain, and swelling occur when this material squeezes out and comes in contact with a spinal nerve.
- Degenerative disc: A breakdown or aging of the intervertebral disc causing collapse of the disc space, tears in the annulus, and growth of bone spurs.
- Sciatica: Pain that courses along the sciatic nerve in the buttocks and down the legs. It is usually caused by compression of the 5th lumbar or 1st sacral spinal nerve.